Scientific Leadership & Management Course Application
- Friday, March 29: Application deadline at 5 p.m. (complete form below, 5-10 minutes of effort) DEADLINE EXTENDED: April 5.
- Friday, April 12: Course participants are announced
- Friday, April 26: Deadline to register and pay for the course
- Friday, May 3: Deadline to complete pre-course homework (less than one hour of effort)
- Wednesday, May 29: Day 1 of the course, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.*
- Wednesday Evening, May 29: Homework to prepare for Day 2 (less than 2 hours of effort)*
- Thursday, May 30: Day 2 of the course, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.*
*Please do not apply for the course unless you can attend both days, all day. If you are admitted to the course, you will be asked to register and pay for the course in a separate process.
Selection criteria: Each year, we have more applicants for this popular course than we have seats in the course. Therefore we may not be able to accept everyone who applies. While exact selection criteria vary according to the number of applications we recieve for any particular year, we generally give priority to those who carefully but briefly describe why they want to take the course and who also meet the following criteria:
- Postdocs/Fellows with seniority (those who might not be here to take the course next year) OR
- Postdocs/Fellows who have an academic or industry job offer (those who will be starting up a research group shortly and therefore need this course material now) OR
- Junior faculty (those who have recently started up a lab and need the course material now)
- Clinician scientists: priority is given to those who spend a significant portion of their time conducting research.
Questions about the application process or decisions? firstname.lastname@example.org