Administrator - Fontana Tobacco Treatment Center (AMBUL PATIENT CARE SUPV 2) @ UCSF Medical Center
The Administrator will lead, further develop, and evaluate an outpatient tobacco treatment program. The position reports to the Nurse Manager of Heart and Vascular Center. The successful candidate will be trained as a tobacco cessation counselor.
The candidate will provide group classes and individual counseling for clients working on stopping tobacco use. S/he will provide motivation and education in helping clients develop a plan to stop tobacco use. This plan will include use of medications, relaxation techniques, cognitive and behavioral therapies and motivation building skills. The Administrator will telephone recently discharged patients and offer support and classes to help them remain tobacco free. These encounters will be charted in electronic health records.The Administrator will also be involved in provider education as well as producing workshops in Motivational Interviewing for UCSF staff.
45% - Provide facilitation of group programs
12% - Collect, report and maintain quit-outcomes
10% - Monitor and respond to referrals; maintain medical records
10% - Develop & provide trainings and presentations
6% - Supervise counselors; write evaluations
6% - Lead improved coordination of cessation services for campus community; attend meetings with other departments
6% - Develop & promote program
5% - Manage budget
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
- Minimum of one year relevant work experience
- Licensed degree in a health profession: RN, NP, PharmD, Health Educator, RT, MSW or LCSW
- Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist training within six months of hire and certification within 18 months after training
- Good people skills and being able to motivate behavioral changes in clients with complex tobacco addiction
- Must possess the ability to communicate well with a broad range of persons from diverse cultures and backgrounds which include patients, nurses, physicians and others associated with patients, and the ability to relate respectfully and empathetically to a diverse population
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- This position requires flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 12890.