Associate Research Scientist
About the Role
At Mantra Bio, you will be a key contributor in the development of our platform technology with a mission to leverage insights from exosomes to develop novel therapeutics. As a Research Scientist, you will help design, run, and analyze experiments alongside an experienced technical team in a fast-paced environment. You will work cross-functionally with our Clinical Scientists, Engineers, and Data Scientists to rapidly iterate and scale critical workflows to our platform. You are operationally minded, able to run multiple projects in parallel, and willing to speak up to drive the team forward. Mantra Bio is looking for a stellar scientist to join our exciting journey. For the right fit and qualifications, we are open to a part-time or full-time position.
- Perform laboratory work such as molecular biology assays, next-gen sequencing experiments, and cell culture assays under direction of Senior Scientist and Chief Technology Officer.
- Participate in experiment design, protocol development, and planning to execute experiments as efficiently as possible.
- Present experimental reports and protocols for team members as appropriate. Take lead in troubleshooting efforts.
- Manage clinical database for clinical samples and experiment results.
- Manage order requests, purchasing, inventory, and vendor relationships for laboratory equipment and supplies.
- Participate in other supporting tasks as needs arise.
What We're Looking For
B.S. or M.S. degree in molecular biology, microbiology, biochemistry, genetics, chemistry, or a related field.
4+ years of laboratory experience.
Hands-on experience with analytical laboratory instrumentation: next-gen sequencers,RNA-seq library preparation, qPCR, DNA/RNA/protein quantification, etc.
Experience with Illumina RNA-seq library preparation and sequencing technologies
Experience working in BSL-2+ environments and handling of human specimens (blood, plasma, etc.)
Experience in cell culture assays
Working knowledge of clinical and analytical assays.
Proven track record in running successful experiments, preparing data for review and giving highly effective presentations.
Clear communications skills and ability to work with team members.
Send an email with resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Or via linkedIn: