Behavioral Health Specialist
JOB TITLE: Behavioral Health Specialist
SteppingStone Adult Day Health is San Francisco's largest provider of Adult Day Health Care (ADHC). Licensed by the State Department of Public Health and certified as a MediCal provider with the California Department of Aging, the organization has worked since 1983 to help seniors and disabled adults overcome the obstacles to independent living by providing a cost-effective, stimulating, and comprehensive set of health and social services that that are all available under one roof.
Each of the organization's four centers provides an array of services, including nursing and personal care; medical social work services; meals and nutritional services; medication management; physical, occupational, and speech therapies; and social and recreational activities; as well as round trip transportation via wheelchair accessible vans. Presently, SteppingStone serves over 300 ethnically diverse seniors and adults with disabilities each month.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is responsible for overseeing the mental, emotional, and behavioral health needs of a formerly homeless elderly population living in supportive housing (Direct Access to Housing – DAH) and attending Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) in San Francisco.
- Provides the ADHC center staff support for addressing mental, emotional and behavioral health needs of intakes and initial assessments and ongoing assessments for all DAH residents;
- Provides counseling, support and intervention to DAH residents and ADHC clients as needed in areas of behavioral management, caregiver stress, coping strategies, case management and linkage with community resources and other issues as needed;
- Develops and monitors individual plan of care (IPC) for each DAH resident with measurable goals;
- Facilitates weekly support and/or education groups that address clients’ psycho-social and educational needs;
- Meets with ADHC social worker and DAH housing social worker on regular basis to discuss and document client case review.
Hours & Compensation: This is a 20 hour a week non-exempt position. Comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; and vacation and sick leave. Compensation is DOE.
- Licensed as clinical social worker by the California Board of Behavioral Science or licensed as MFT.
- Knowledgeable of the physical, psychological, emotional, and social needs of the elderly.
- Experience in the provision of counseling, behavioral health therapies, support groups, and assessments preferred.
- Experience in adult day support services is desirable.
To apply: Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include “Behavioral Health Specialist” in subject line.
SteppingStone Adult Day Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse workforce – all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.