Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Stanford Blood Center, a subsidiary of Stanford Health Care, is focused on connecting our communities to provide hope for healing. We lead the fields of transfusion and transplantation medicine by advancing science and technology. We provide hope for the future by teaching the medical leaders of tomorrow. We enhance lives by connecting donors to patients every day. We are looking for friendly, customer-focused individuals who value integrity, accountability, collaboration and communication, to join our team.
We are a 24/7 fast-paced organization that is highly regulated by the FDA, ASHI and a number of other accrediting agencies. We need people who are dependable, detail-oriented and comfortable following established procedures. For more information about us, visit our website at http://bloodcenter.stanford.edu/
The Stanford Blood Center is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to independently perform complex clinical testing, including both machine and manual assays, of bodily fluids for patient care purposes. Clinical test results are used directly to inform patient care decisions, with errors potentially leading to adverse events. This position is a full-time, benefitted, evening shift 6:00pm to 2:30am, Monday through Friday with rotating weekends and holidays.
Core Duties include:
- Perform specialized manual and automated testing on clinical/donor samples.
- Use complex Laboratory Information System to record test results and facilitate data interpretation, data mining, and reporting.
- Analyze data from high-complexity testing.
- Perform complex preventative maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of instruments and equipment.
- Generate documents and reports of testing results.
- Recognize and resolve inconsistent results; follow up with repeated or additional testing.
- Review standard operating procedures for potential process improvements.
- Determine suitability of specimens based on established criteria for use.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Four year college degree in medical technology or a life science, and one year relevant experience in a blood center or clinical laboratory setting required. 12 month internship in medical technology or certification as technologist. Current California clinical laboratory technologist license (MTA/MTR) required.
For more detail information, or to apply online go to: http://www.stanfordhealthcarecareers.com, ref. job# 42443.