Clinical Nurse Educator for Intensive Care Unit
Do you love to teach? Pass on the passion of nursing and educate our Critical Care nursing staff, as a Clinical Nurse Educator for the Intesnive Care Unit at San Mateo Medical Center.
Through growth and change, San Mateo County Health System remains committed to provide quality medical care to meet the health needs of the community. Our commitment is to provide quality care with a compassionate touch and we strive to help you maintain a balance between work and family. San Mateo County Health System is an integrated delivery system of healthcare focused on the needs of the underserved, within a County system of care. The San Mateo Medical Center (SMMC) serves as a key provider within the Health Plan of San Mateo's (HPSM) public/private network. Our integrated delivery system includes a fully accredited acute care hospital that is licensed to operate 509 beds including a 64-bed medical/surgical unit, a 7-bed intensive care unit, a 34-bed inpatient psychiatric services unit and 32 skilled nursing beds in San Mateo, and 14 clinics throughout the County of San Mateo.
The current full-time, permanent vacancy is in the Intensive Care Unit. The successful hire in this position will:
- Monitor and maintain the competency and education records of all Critical Care staff and participate in hospital committees that directly influence the quality of nursing care in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Actively contribute to the department organizational plan to ensure that this plan reflects state and national professional/health care trends as well as current standards of nursing practice and meeting regulatory standards.
- Accept direct patient care assignments in proportion to other responsibilities including orientation and on-boarding of new staff and staff evaluations.
- Exercise your clinical knowledge acquired from 2-5 years of experience in a Critical Care setting.
- Display your assessment, evaluation, critical thinking and technical skills.
- Exhibit your strong communication and teaching skills from previous experience in a formal and/or informal educational role.
The ideal candidate will possess expert knowledge of the electronic medical record for the creation of reports, auditing, and educational responsibilities. Additionally, the incumbent will split their time, dedicating 50% to direct patient care responsibilities and 50% to indirect patient care as the nurse educator. Note: percentage of time is an estimate and will be based on the needs of the day, flexibility is required.
$119,600.00 - $141,398.41 Annually
Licensure/Certification: Possession of a California license as a Registered Nurse.
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Nursing with two years clinical experience including one year in a clinical specialty area, or
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or a health related field with one year of clinical experience including six months in a clinical specialty area, or
- Masters degree in Nursing.
Nurse Educator - Must have knowledge of and verifiable experience in adult education curriculum development, program evaluation, and evidence-based and best practice implementation.
IMPORTANT: Applications for this position will only be accepted online. If you are currently on the County's website, you may click the "Apply Online" button above or below. If you are not on the County's website, please go to http://jobs.smcgov.org/ to apply. View the detailed job posting and apply: http://jobs.smcgov.org/clinical-nurse-educator-for-intensive-care-unit-open-andamp-promotional/job/6566196
Final Filing Date: March 28, 2017
Application Screening: Week of April 3, 2017
Combined Panel/Department Interviews: Week of April 10, 2017
San Mateo County Is an Equal Opportunity Employer