At Hospice by the Bay our nonprofit mission is to provide patients and families with physical, mental, emotional and spiritual support during a difficult time. It takes a special person to devote his or her career to hospice and end-of-life care. We believe our commitment to ensuring personal dignity and respect extends to our employees and we embrace diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion. If you have passion for serving patients, their families and your community, we invite you to become part of our team..
We currently have an opening for an Intake/Information RN at our Larkspur location, to provide information to potential agency patients and referral sources regarding the agency's total care category of service. The potential candidate will work primarily in the central office communicating with patients, families and referral sources over the phone. Occasional intake/admissions visits may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Screen and process inquiries for admission to Hospice by the Bay's programs of service.
- Determine eligibility in consultation with Hospice Medical Director.
- Assume responsibility for assessing initial patient/family needs.
- Make telephone contact with potential hospice patients to provide information on agency services.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of all services required to initiate start of care for patient admission into agency's programs of care.
- Maintain current documentation in computerized clinical record according to agency policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in agency and community programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of hospice care.
- One year experience as a professional nurse in the past three years or; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Experience in acute care/ home health and/or hospice setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a registered professional nurse in the State of California.
- Public Health Nursing certification highly desirable.
- HPNA certification preferred.
- Current California Driver’s License and automobile insurance that meets State of California requirements, if driving a car.
To apply please go to Hospice by the Bay Career Page: