Nurse Practitioner, Per Diem - Cancer Center-Infusion Unit (NURSE PD)
Under direction, guided by the Committee on Interdisciplinary Practice (“CIDP”) Standardized Process and Outcome Protocols and Procedures of the Ambulatory Services, and in collaboration with the physician staff, the Nurse Practitioner provides direct care to patients with multiple, often complicated chronic medical problems in the Infusion Center setting. This position may provide coverage at multiple infusion sites.
Assignments at this level may include the direction of continuity of care for patients with multiple medical problems; providing direct care to this group of patients, responsibility for occasional community teaching programs, participation in program planning, and development of patient and staff education information. S/he consistently projects a professional and courteous demeanor. The Nurse Practitioner shall comply with the Medical Center House and Telephone Standards.
This position requires the flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations.
- Minimum three years related experience as Nurse Practitioner; two years Oncology experience
- Active Nurse Practitioner licensure in the State of California
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification
- Current national certification in the area of specialty, i.e. ANP, FNP, WHNP, Geriatric or Must be obtained within three months of hire to continue employment
- Current NP Furnishing License and verification of experience to furnish (if applicable)
- Registered Nurse as defined by the California Board of Registered Nursing and completion from a college or university based Nurse Practitioner Program
- Possesses the skills, knowledge, and abilities essential to successfully perform the duties of the assigned position
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 13129.