The Staff Pharmacist, under the direction of Pharmacist Supervisor or Chief Pharmacist, is responsible for using their clinical skills for prescription order review, consultation with prescribers for optimization of care, dispensing of medications and patient counseling.
•Fill prescriptions, verifying instructions from physicians on the proper amounts of medication to give to patients.
• Review all medication orders for safety and appropriateness of therapy using I.H.S Standards of Practice for Pharmacists.
•Check whether prescriptions will interact negatively with other drugs that a patient is taking or any medical conditions the patient has.
•Instruct patients on how and when to take a prescribed medicine and inform them about potential side effects they may experience from taking the medicine.
•Complete insurance forms and work with insurance companies to ensure that patients get the medicines they need.
•Oversee the work of pharmacy technicians and pharmacists in training (interns), and provide advice and guidance to them in the performance of their duties.
•Keep records and do other administrative tasks.
•Provide health education and clinical information about medications to patients and professional staff.
• Ensure all records of receipt and distribution of D.E.A controlled substances are properly maintained.
• Answer telephone calls from patients about pharmacy processes, pharmacology, adverse reactions, and other information.
• RPMS drug file and quick order maintenance as assigned.
• Perform controlled substance inventories and participate in clinic wide medication inspections.
PharmD degree required.
Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
Must hold an active License as a Registered Pharmacist in California.
2 years Pharmacist experience preferred.
Must have knowledge of or the ability to learn the RPMS/E.H.R. system.
Must have broad technical knowledge and skills related to the practice of pharmacy.
Submit a completed employment application (download at http://www.shinglespringsrancheria.com/government/careers/ ) and resume to [email protected]
Preference in hiring is given to: (1) Qualified Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians members; and (2) qualified American Indians in accordance with Title 25, U.S. Code, Section 472 and 473. Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification of Indian eligibility.