The Alliance is an award-winning regional not-for-profit health plan. We currently serve over 350,000 members in Santa Cruz, Monterey and Merced counties. We are a group of dedicated individuals driven by our mission of providing accessible, quality health care that is guided by local innovation. We are value-based, guided by the following:
• Culture: We strive for a respectful, diverse, professional and fun workplace.
• Customer Service: Our customers’ satisfaction is our highest priority.
• Excellence: We value and continuously improve quality in our services.
• Innovation: We leverage local talent to create solutions.
• Integrity: We tell the truth and do what we say we will do.
• Partnership: We collaborate with others for strong solutions.
• Stewardship: We manage responsibly, and earn the trust of partners and regulators.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
The Pharmacy Director has one immediate report, a Pharmacy Manager who oversees Clinical Pharmacists, and a Supervisor who oversees Technicians and a Coordinator. We are a team dedicated to the members we serve and we are passionate about how the decisions we make and reviews we perform positively impact our Alliance members and our community. We are committed to partnering with our providers to provide education, ideas and to collaborate for the best outcome for our members.
You are a collaborative and communicative leader, with a demonstrated history of successful leadership. You have the ability to coach and mentor your team through change, and you champion process improvement. You also possess thorough knowledge of Managed Care and have experience successfully working with Pharmacy Benefits Managers. The ideal candidate will have a Pharm D, with current, unrestricted CA licensure.
Under direction, this position provides strategic leadership to ensure accurate, timely and compliant pharmacy utilization review and maintains cost effective pharmacy measures, in collaboration with the Medical Directors and Chief Health Services Officer, oversees the performance of the Alliance Formulary, ensures quality operations through development and oversight of the Pharmacy Department, staff and programs, and provides liaison with the pharmaceutical and medical communities.
YOU WILL BRING:
• Thorough knowledge of:
- The principles and practices of supervision, and proficiency in applying effective people management skills, including performance management, leading team building, facilitating efficient and effective meetings, programs, projects and trainings, problem solving, and negotiating and influencing;
- Medi-Cal and prepaid health programs
- Computerized drug programs
- Drug utilization
- Drugs and supplies required in the operation of a pharmacy
• Ability to:
- Demonstrate a collaborative management style and effectively manage business relationships through consensus building
- Direct, plan, assign, supervise and evaluate the work of others, and to monitor goals, objectives deadlines and priorities
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Analyze, interpret and synthesize a wide range of information, including legal and contract language, policies, standards and guidelines
- Manage multiple projects effectively while facilitating group success
- Prepare and make effective and informative presentations
- Effectively adapt to or initiate change as appropriate
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Remain current on industry knowledge, trends and best practices
- Interpret information and effectively communication to a wide variety of clinical and non-clinical audiences
• Education and experience:
- Pharmacy Doctorate (Pharm. D.), or equivalent
- Current unrestricted California Pharmacist license
- Six (6) years of experience as a practicing Pharmacist in a hospital, pharmacy, retail pharmacy or health plan, which must have included experience with drug formularies, PBMs, and drug billings
- Three (3) years of experience supervising and managing staff in a Pharmacy or healthcare setting
- Experience in a Managed Care setting
- Experience with contracting and negotiating terms of agreement with PBM and specialty pharmacy; or an equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be qualifying
• Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
• Generous Paid Time Off
• 11 Paid Holidays per Year
• 401(a) Retirement Plan
• 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Costco Membership Reimbursement
• Health and Wellness Program
• Fresh Fruit Delivery
• Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
• And many more! (https://ccah-alliance.silkroad.com/ccahext/Home/Benefits.html)
If this sounds like an opportunity that you or someone you know may be interested in we invite you to apply! Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
For a complete position description and to apply online, please click here: