Postdoctoral Research Scholar in Biostatistics
The Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics (DEB) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), has an opening for a postdoctoral research scholar in biostatistics who will work under the leadership of Dr. Lydia Zablotska, MD, Ph.D., Professor of Epidemiology and Leader, Occupational and Environmental Area of Concentration. The successful candidate will work primarily on analyses of risks of occupational and environmental exposures in several large cohort studies. More information on Dr. Zablotska’s research program can be found at http://profiles.ucsf.edu/lydia.zablotska. The position is funded for two years with a possibility for renewal.
A competitive candidate will be an independent, solution-oriented thinker with a background in analyzing large data sets. The candidate should possess:
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in biostatistics/ bioinformatics or related field.
- Outstanding analytical skills and willingness to learn new methods for analysis of risks of occupational and environmental exposures.
- Programming experience in statistical and scripting languages (R, SAS, Stata, etc.).
- Familiarity with database management.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills and a desire to publish.
This is a full-time position and the postdoctoral research scholar will receive a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience.
- Conduct statistical analyses, prepare manuscripts independently and in collaboration with Dr. Zablotska for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Prepare grant proposals in conjunction with Dr. Zablotska and other collaborators to secure funding for further research.
- Present research at conferences.
To apply, please submit the following items as a single PDF to Ezinne Nwankwo, CFCS Project Coordinator, at [email protected]
- A cover letter with a statement of research interests (1pg).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or extended resume with bibliography.
- Names and contact information of three references (including mailing address, phone number and e-mail address).