Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Shasta Community Health Center is a non-profit primary health care system. SCHC is based in Redding California and serves Shasta and surrounding counties and communities since 1988. We are currently seeking an experienced Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner/PA to join our team of Clinicians. Please visit our website at: www.shastahealth.org
Shasta Community Health Center’s mission is to provide quality health care services to the medically underserved populations of our communities.
Shasta Community Health Center, working with private and public health partners, and by leveraging and efficiently using its limited resources, will help to create a seamless system of access to compassionate, high quality cost-effective primary and preventive health care for all residents of the communities it serves. Shasta Community Health Center strives to improve the health status within the communities it serves, particularly for those residents who are economically or otherwise disadvantaged.
CARING AND COMPASSION: We treat those we serve and one another with concern, kindness and respect.
HONESTY AND INTEGRITY: We act openly and truthfully in everything we do.
TEAMWORK: We work together cooperatively, recognizing the power of our combined efforts exceeds what we can accomplish individually.
COMMUNITY: We acknowledge our vital role in local communities, and we seek to understand and serve their needs.
EXCELLENCE AND QUALITY: We are committed to quality and to adding value in every aspect of our work, and we strive to exceed the expectations of our customers.
EDUCATION, TEACHING AND TRAINING: We strive to create an educational environment for our patients, our employees and for the training of medical professionals dedicated to serving the disadvantaged.
Shasta Community Health Center is a private, 501(c)(3) nonprofit community based organization and is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). This is a FTCA deemed facility.
Recently our Health Center went through a very thorough review by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the Federal Government. To operate our organization we must abide by the rules and regulations of HRSA, which allows us to provide the services we offer and target our services to the special needs of our community. After a three day visit by three experienced federal reviewers looking over our services, policies and practices, they concluded that Shasta Community Health Center met all 19 major federal requirements and the hundreds of conditions under those major requirements. In short, we scored a 100%! Their parting comments to our Patient-Community Board and leadership team was that Shasta Community Health Center "is an elite organization", clearly in the top 1% of Community Health Centers in all of the United States!
- Provides psychiatric assessments, medication monitoring, & continuity of care. Responsible for performing basic screening, diagnostic treatment, rehabilitative and supportive services as a member of a primary and psychiatric health care team for outpatient clients using a client-directed outcome informed approach. This may include direct supervision as well as review and revision of all applicable procedures and their execution relating to the daily medically related activities. Collaborates with Medical Staff in delivering program specific services. Works as an integral part of the clinician staff by participating in Medical Staff and PA/NP meetings as well as other projects and committees of Shasta Community Health Center.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of current therapies and ability to involve the supervising physician when appropriate.
- Previous outpatient clinic experience working with indigent population preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Completed a nationally accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Current license and be in good standing with the California Licensing Board.
- Current PA certification through the National Commission on Certification of Physician
- Assistants, Inc., or NP certification through the American Nurses’ Association.
- Current CPR Certification.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take appropriate history and physical examination of patients.
- Order pertinent diagnostics and implement appropriate therapy according to scope of practice guidelines.
- Obtain supervising physician's consultation when problems presented are outside scope of practice or when unfamiliar with a particular aspect of the patient's care according to the PA/NP Standardized Procedures.
- Consultation with supervisor is required if the NP wishes to prescribe more than 2 controlled substances from the same class of medication.
- Communicate effectively with the patients while involved with their health care, including providing appropriate patient education while answering questions and in history taking.
- Demonstrate competent knowledge in delivering health care to patients through the peer review processes including chart review, by interactions with physician preceptors and by working collaboratively with support staff and all staff of SCHC.
- Become an integral part of the clinical staff through participation in Medical Staff meetings, PA/NP meetings, and other committees of SCHC.
- Willingly perform other duties within the scope of practice as assigned.
- Responsible for maintaining current licenses to practice medicine. Copies are to be given to Human Resources.
Please contact us directly at:
Senior Recruiter, Human Resources
Shasta Community Health Center
1035 Placer Street
Redding, CA 96001