Registered Nurse - Cancer Cntr-Shared Svcs (NURSE PD) @ UCSF Medical Center
The Outpatient Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) – Float serves in a leadership role and delivers direct patient care to assigned adult Oncology outpatient populations. This position floats to both Cancer Center Practices and the Infusion Unit. This nurse is experienced and highly skilled with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the cancer disease process, the major treatment modalities, symptom management, supportive care, and patient education.
At this operational level, the nurse proactively embraces the Oncology Nursing Society/Standards of Oncology Nursing practice to utilize the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care. The nurse utilizes an interdisciplinary approach across the continuum of care with adherence to National Patient Safety Goals set forth by regulatory requirements. The nurse is recognized and utilized as a clinical resource and demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
- Three (3) or more years of recent RN clinical Oncology Nursing experience and/or minimum of 3 years of recent other relevant experience such as surgical experience or a related advanced nursing degree could be considered in lieu of Oncology experience upon manager approval, but would require an existing CNIII to mentor this nurse in her position for the first six months
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification
- Infusion and Transfusion Areas Only: Current Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification within six months of hire date
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 12983.