Registered Nurse, Per Diem - Cancer Center-Infusion (NURSE PD) @ UCSF Medical Center
The Outpatient Oncology Registered Nurse serves in a leadership role and delivers direct patient care to an assigned adult Oncology outpatient population. This nurse is experienced and highly skilled with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the cancer disease process, the major treatment modalities, symptom management, supportive care, and patient education.
At this operational level, the nurse proactively embraces the Oncology Nursing Society/Standards of Oncology Nursing practice to utilize the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care. The nurse utilizes an interdisciplinary approach across the continuum of care with adherence to National Patient Safety Goals set forth by regulatory requirements.
The nurse is recognized and utilized as a clinical resource and demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization.
This position requires the flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations as needed.
- Three or more years of recent RN clinical Oncology Nursing experience
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification
- Infusion and Transfusion Areas Only: Current Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification within six months of hire date
- Demonstrates evidence of basic analytic thinking necessary to care for a group of complex patients such as oncology and a high degree of attention to detail
- Must demonstrate observational skills and the ability to set priorities. Ability to function independently and effectively with shifting priorities and considerable pressure
- Must be able to function under stress and with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must demonstrate effective skills in applying hospital standards in area of service, team work, communication, respect for others, and time/priority management
- Ability to delegate tasks in a style that is consistent with promoting leadership and teamwork, seeking assistance as needed
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 13089.