Registered Nurse - Ortho Surgical Oncology (CLIN NURSE 2) @ UCSF Medical Center
The Outpatient Oncology Registered Nurse serves in a leadership role and delivers direct patient care to an assigned adult Oncology outpatient population. This nurse is experienced and highly skilled with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the cancer disease process, the major treatment modalities, symptom management, supportive care, and patient education.
At this operational level, the nurse proactively embraces the Oncology Nursing Society/Standards of Oncology Nursing practice to utilize the nursing process for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide safe, therapeutic care. The nurse utilizes an interdisciplinary approach across the continuum of care with adherence to National Patient Safety Goals set forth by regulatory requirements.
The nurse is recognized and utilized as a clinical resource and demonstrates investment in the overall forward movement of the unit and the organization.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.The hours of this position will include 10-hour shifts, Monday-Friday and day and evening hours.
- Three (3) or more years of recent RN Medical Oncology Nursing experience
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR certification
- Infusion and Transfusion Areas Only: Current Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification within six months of hire date
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
To apply, please visit http://jobs.ucsfmedicalcenter.org/ and search for job ID number 12595.