Registered Nurse (Women's Health/Primary Care)
Marin Community Clinics (MCC) is a multi-clinic network with a wide array of primary care, specialty and referral services. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we provide vital health services to more than 35,000 insured and uninsured patients annually.
We strive to provide quality care to our patient population, which is a vibrant and diverse community of various socioeconomic levels and ethnic backgrounds. We pride ourselves on having an excellent multidisciplinary team of professionals who provide culturally-sensitive, compassionate care to all individuals regardless of ability to pay.
MCC is currently seeking a care team nurse to assist our family practice and gynecology teams. Ideal candidates have direct patient-care experience in a community health or primary care setting. RN candidates should have a desire to work with underserved communities, a passion for health education, and experience in or willingness to learn about care of women with gynecologic conditions.
This position offers the ability to see patients both independently and as a vital team member in an integrated primary care model. Nurses in our clinics gain experience in case management, health coaching, triage, and furthermore are able to improve patient care through participation in and development of quality improvement initiatives.
New graduates are encouraged to apply, as we are willing to train candidates with passion and enthusiasm for providing excellent care to our community.
- Providing culturally-sensitive, patient-centered care to all MCC patients
- Providing nursing care within scope of license and clinic policy and procedures
- Conducting assessments and triage of pediatric, adult, and gynecologic or obstetric medical complaints for walk-in or late patients
- Coordinating exams and diagnostic exams for patients who need gynecologic surgical procedures
- Coordinating care for women with complicated or severe gynecological conditions
- Assisting with in-clinic gynecologic procedures as needed
- Performing telephone triage of patients’ medical concerns and providing triage advice
- Reviewing and following up Emergency Department and Hospital discharge summaries to facilitate coordination of transition to community
- Conducting patient co-visits with providers to provide additional support in chronic illness management
- Utilizing health coaching skills and encouraging patient activation and self-management
- Participating in Quality Improvement projects and PDSA cycles
- Measuring PT/INRs and assisting provider in dose titration and monitoring of anticoagulant medication
- Initiating referrals to public health programs and home-health programs
- Reporting communicable diseases to county and coordinating follow-up
- Managing in-box messages from patients and medical providers
- Providing medication refills per clinic protocol
- Reviewing lab results, diagnostic imaging, and specialist consult summaries for actionable items
- Providing health education and formulating care plans for patients with chronic illness e.g., diabetes, asthma, heart failure, obesity
- Performing nursing skills including insertion of straight or indwelling catheters, suture removal, wound care, and interpreting PPD skin tests
- Providing support to Medical Assistants, including filling in as needed in the event of staff shortage or unanticipated need
- Responding to in-person or electronic patient requests for lab results, medical questions and questions and concerns regarding disease processes.
Associate or BA/BS degree
Active RN California License in good standing
Current AHA CPR Certification
Excellent verbal and written skills
Bilingual in Spanish required
Strong enthusiasm and willingness to pitch in whenever needed
Must be able to work independently, with written protocols
Must be sensitive to ethnic and cultural differences and their relevance to health care
Desired Additional Qualifications
Experience in a community clinic or primary care setting
Experience in primary care women’s health (e.g., family planning, counseling, and GYN outpatient procedures)
Familiarity or proficiency in using NextGen Electronic Health Records or i2i Tracks
Experience with nursing care coordination/ case management
1+ years of experience as an RN in any setting
Visit our website: www.marinclinic.org
Or click on link below:
Questions about the position, contact recruiter at: [email protected]