SOCIAL WORKER – MABINI CENTER - STEPPINGSTONE
SteppingStone Adult Day Health is San Francisco's largest provider of adult day health care. Licensed by the State Department of Public Health and certified as a MediCal provider with the California Department of Aging, the organization has worked tirelessly since 1983 to help seniors and disabled adults overcome the obstacles to independent living by providing a cost-effective, stimulating, and comprehensive set of health and social services that that are all available under one roof.
Each of the organization's four centers provides an array of services, including nursing and personal care; medical social work services; meals and nutritional services; medication management; physical, occupational, and speech therapies; and social and recreational activities; as well as round trip transportation via wheelchair accessible vans. Presently, SteppingStone serves over 300 ethnically diverse seniors and adults with disabilities each month.
JOB DESCRIPTION – SOCIAL WORKER
Under the supervision of the SteppingStone ADHC Program Director and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, the Social Worker is responsible for the assessment and reassessment of participants in the Adult Day Health Care (ADHC) program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop appropriate care plan for individuals admitted to program, monitor implementation, document progress of care plan and revise as necessary, on a bi-annual basis at minimum.
· Provide counseling, support and intervention to participants and caregivers in the areas of behavioral management, caregiver stress, coping strategies, and other issues as needed.
· Discuss long-term care plan and schedule a discharge meeting with families and Program Director.
· Serve as a liaison with the participant’s caregiver and other community services involved in care and with the inter-disciplinary team as needed.
· Report suspected verbal, physical, fiduciary, and/or sexual abuse to appropriate monitoring agencies.
· Monitor participant attendance and case mix and center daily attendance.
· Facilitate weekly and or monthly support groups when appropriate.
· Conduct outreach with clients, families, service providers, community organizations, and other third parties to generate awareness of services provided and facilitate client referrals and retention.
· Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work.
· Knowledge of the physical, mental, and social needs of disabled adults and the elderly; have demonstrable aptitude working with the elderly, cognitively and physically disabled.
· Experience in counseling, facilitating support groups and conducting participant assessments.
· Experience in adult day support services (health) is preferred.
Must be able to safely perform all physical and manual movements needed for job functions. Must be able to carry out job instructions promptly and willingly, and to follow established procedures accurately. And, must be flexible, positive and cooperative in solving problems and working with other staff in constantly changing and sometimes stressful circumstances.
A Social Worker must be able to move around the facility as well as sit at a workstation. Lifting up to 10 lbs. occurs about half the time, while up to and above 25 lbs. Occurs only occasionally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach forward with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include “Social Worker” in the subject line.
SteppingStone Adult Day Health is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse workforce – all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Hours & Compensation: Hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. The hourly rate is $25.00/hr.
Comprehensive benefits package includes employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; and vacation and sick leave
For more information about SteppingStone, please visit http://www.steppingstonehealth.org