Technical Support Consultant II
What you'll be doing:
Bio-Rad’s award-winning Technical Support Group has a challenging career opportunity for a talented and highly-motivated individual who would like to apply their scientific background and technical skills to support Bio-Rad’s Life Science internal and external global customer base as a Technical Support Consultant (TSC). This is an excellent transition from academia to industry and provides valuable on-the-job training experience for future career opportunities.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Answer incoming phone calls and respond to emails from customers (both internal and external) and work towards resolving the stated problem or answering the inquiry.
- Document calls into cases, according to departmental procedures.
- Assist in preparing reports for product quality meetings.
- Develop and maintain training materials for internal use.
- Develop into a subject matter expert on assigned product platforms and utilize your scientific background and experience to provide excellent support.
- Interact with multiple in-house groups by providing feedback on product issues and quality trends, including Sales, Service, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, and Customer Service.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Molecular / Cellular Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or equivalent discipline.
- Five to ten years of relevant, hands-on experience in life science research, with a strong knowledge of Molecular / Cellular Biology & Biochemistry.
- Must have hands-on experience with Conventional / Quantitative PCR (especially with assay design and troubleshooting). Experience with Digital PCR a plus.
- Experience in any of the following life science techniques a plus: Protein Electrophoresis, Western Blotting, Imaging, ELISA, Luminex xMAP Technology, Flow Cytometry.
- Familiarity with Bio-Rad products a plus.
- Professional communication skills (written and verbal), particularly over the phone and via email.
- Expertise in problem-solving, data analysis and troubleshooting experimental protocols that involve both instruments and reagents.
- Aptitude for computer hardware and software.
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent presentation skills.
- Derive satisfaction from assisting customers resolve their technical problems while helping the company achieve its product quality goals. Teaching or technical support experience a plus.
- Resolve difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrate empathy and excellent listening skills.
- A supporting team member and works independent of supervision.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Please go to the link to apply: http://bit.ly/2f9Rs80