Skip to main content
You are here
Step 1: Assess the situation
What is the institution/department looking for?
- Analyze the job description for key words,
- Contact faculty in your network to find out the information that's not listed on the job posting, such as size of start-up funds, research/teaching priorities,...
- Read up on the department, its faculty members and on the institution itself,
- For teaching-focused institutions, become familiar with the mission of the institution.
- Check out the workshop: Strengthen your candidacy for a faculty position: get the letters and feedback you need