Applying for a faculty position?
You may have just two minutes to convince your reader that you are the right fit for a faculty position. In this workshop, we will describe how candidates can use the Academic Career Readiness Assessment (ACRA) Framework to strategically tailor their application materials, including the CV, Cover Letter, Research statement, Teaching statement, and Diversity statement to different categories of institutions, including research-focused and teaching-focused institutions. Participants will use the ACRA Framework to analyze sample materials and suggest ways in which they think the materials can be improved. The ACRA Framework was developed with the input from faculty members at diverse types of institutions, with the support of a Burroughs Wellcome Fund grant.
By the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- List the most important skills required for their target institution
- Describe the most important sections in each of their application materials for their target institution
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a sample of each type of statement
Dates and times:
- Parnassus: August 29, 2018 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. HSW 303 Register through Eventbrite
- Mission Bay: August 31, 2018 11:45 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. MH 1400 Register through Eventbrite
You must cancel at least 24 hours before the workshop to allow time for another person to register.
If you fail to show up to the event without any justification, you may be prohibited from registering to future OCPD academic career programs. To cancel, please follow these instructions. Email [email protected] with issues.
For questions, please contact Laurence Clement at [email protected]
To find out more about our Academic Career Programs, please visit: http://career.ucsf.edu/academic-careers.
To receive future announcements, join the PFF listserv