Find out about the different types of faculty careers and their requirements
Our office has been developing a new tool to assess the skills required for different faculty positions. The tool, called the Academic Career Readiness Assessment (ACRA) framework, was developed with a grant from the Burroughs Wellcome Fund.
Attend our workshops
We offer unique workshops to help you explore faculty careers and plan your training to attain your career goal.
- Find out what hiring committees are looking for in candidates.
- Explore the different types of faculty positions in the U.S. and assess your level of readiness for a faculty position.
- Careers in academia you might not know about
Watch a video:
- Interested in a faculty position in Europe? Check out the panel discussion with former UCSF postdoctoral scholars now in faculty positions in Europe.
- iBiology: LIFE AT A PRIMARILY UNDERGRADUATE INSTITUTION (PUI) by A. MALCOLM CAMPBELL
A. Malcolm Campbell is a Professor of Biology at Davidson College. Campbell tells us about his experiences as a professor at a PUI. He has developed course curricula, written a textbook, published papers, and together with his students, he conducts genomic and synthetic biology research. He loves his work and encourages everybody to seek out a job that allows them to have fun.
Find out how to get hired as a faculty.