Videos from the NIH
- NIH Peer Review Revealed
- NIH Tips for Applicants
- Meet the Experts in Peer Review for Fellowship Grant Applicants Webinar
"Funding your Research" workshops to learn about general grantsmanship as well as specific funding mechanisms.
- Download a list of resources provided at the 2011 workshop.
- Download Keith Yamamoto's slides from 2011, introducing the NIH and providing tips for writing a research proposal.
- Download the resource list and samples/exercises developed by Pamela Derish in 2011, on how to write an effective research proposal.
- Search the OCPD Resource Library for books on how to write grants.
Search for a fellowship or grant
- Community of Science Funding Opportunities, a searchable data available to UCSF researchers via sponsorship by the Office of Sponsored Research. You can also request email alerts from the service.
- GrantsNet.org to find funding opportunities beyond the NIH.
- Additional grant/fellowship search engines are available at UCSF's Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.
- Funding Opportunities for Investigators in the Early Stages of Career Development, 2009 article published in Circulation; provides an overview of the types of grants available at various stages of training, and FAQ's.
- Learn about applying for a postdoctoral fellowship at UCSF (Office of Postdoctoral Affairs)
- Visit the NIH Center for Scientific Review, a prime source of information on the submission and review process, including resources for applicants, study section rosters and reviewer guidelines.
- Stay abreast of Changes to the NIH Peer Review system.
- NIH stats, peer review, and tips for writing a proposal: great slides from University of Washington School of Medicine
- NIAID All About Grants Tutorial
- NIGMS Predoctoral F31 Sample Applications and Tips For New NIH Applicants
- Tom Mitchell's UCSF TICR course on writing K grants: powerpoints and examples, or take the course in Winter 2013
- Visit the Clinical and Translational Sciences Institute (CTSI) website for detailed information on grants and grant writing:
- Under "Funding Opportunities > Funding for Faculty" you will find links to grant writing workhops, brief descriptions of the various NIH K awards, and a list of UCSF recipients of these awards. The site also lists sources other than NIH for career development awards for junior faculty.
- NIAID Annotated R01 Sample
- OCPD has sample NSF Predoctoral Fellowships, as well as sample K99s, which you can view in hard copy in our office. Call ahead to (415) 476-4986 to check on availability.