Whether you are considering applying to academic positions this Fall or at some point in the next few years, you may want to attend this Office of Career and Professional Development seminar.
Materials used in the seminar:
- For Dual Career Couples: Clayman Institute resource
- What start-up funds can I ask for? BWF resource
- Additional resources
Get your questions answered:
- What are the components of a faculty job offer?
- How are faculty salaries structured?
- How detailed should your start-up budget be?
- What non-salary items can be discussed?
- What strategies and language can I use to negotiate?
When & Where:
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm at Mission Bay in Mission Hall 1400
- Can't make it? Access our online resources on negotiating for a faculty position
- To receive future announcements, subscribe to the PFF Listserv!
Bill Lindstaedt, MS. Assistant Vice Chancellor of UCSF's Career Advancement, International and Postdoctoral Services
Bill Lindstaedt has been helping scientists and engineers make career decisions for over twenty years. He was the Director of the Office of Career and Professional Development at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) for 13 years. Since October 2014, he has served as the Executive Director of the umbrella unit known as Career Advancement, International & Postdoctoral Services (CAIPS). Lindstaedt is also co-author of "myIDP", a popular career development tool hosted by Science magazine's careers site.
To prepare for your academic job search, visit the OCPD website for tips, resources and sample materials:
Questions? Contact Laurence Clement, Program Director of Academic Career Development at [email protected].