Launching your academic job search and application material preparation overview
Whether you are considering applying to academic positions this Fall or at some point in the next few years, you may want to attend this Office of Career and Professional Development seminar.
- Overview of the academic job market
- Academic job search process/calendar
- Application Components
- CV and Cover Letter Basics (sections, formats, layout)
- Tips for Research Statements, Teaching Statements, Letters of Recommendation
When & Where:
- Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. Parnassus N-225 Register here
- Wednesday, Aug. 23, 2017 12 p.m. - 2 p.m. Mission Bay Genentech hall N-114 Register here
- Can't make it? To receive future announcements, subscribe to the PFF Listserv!
Slides from July 11, 2017 seminar:
Slides from August 23, 2017 seminar:
Sample applications from the seminar
Missed the seminar? Watch the video from July 11, 2017
Bill Lindstaedt, MS. Executive Director of UCSF's Career Advancement, International and Postdoctoral Services
Bill Lindstaedt has been helping scientists and engineers make career decisions for over twenty years. He was the Director of the Office of Career and Professional Development at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) for 13 years. Since October 2014, he has served as the Executive Director of the umbrella unit known as Career Advancement, International & Postdoctoral Services (CAIPS). Lindstaedt is also co-author of "myIDP", a popular career development tool hosted by Science magazine's careers site.
To prepare for your academic job search, visit the OCPD website for tips, resources and sample materials:
Questions? Contact Laurence Clement, Program Director of Academic Career Development at [email protected].