Do you want to know what career options are possible for someone with your skills, interests and training? Are you unsure how to research career fields, job titles or specialty paths? Do you hope there's a list somewhere of all the jobs that are a good fit for you? Then this is the session for you!
Exploring career options is all about about getting 'unstuck'. By the end of this interactive session you will:
- Reflect and articulate your skills, interests and values
- Discuss social media and professional association resources to identify job titles
- Illustrate with examples, how information gleaned in networking activities helps you learn about your career options
- Discuss effective strategies to research career options that *don't* involve in person networking
- Identify the places that students and postdocs get stuck in career exploration, and describe tips to get you moving again.
Presenter: Naledi Saul, Director, UCSF Office of Career & Professional Development
Workshop slides: UCSF OCPD Getting Unstuck Exploring Career Options.pdf