Dates and Times:
Wednesday, November 1, 2017 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Mission Bay
Registration required, Space is limited to 4 presenters. It is essential that participants who register to this workshop make every effort to attend, as space is extremely limited.
Presenters will be asked to email their presentation by Tuesday, October 31st at 10 a.m.
Presenters are highly encouraged to use OCPD's Scientific Presentation Rubric to develop their talk, as this document will be used to provide feedback.
Presentations cannot exceed 15 minutes in duration. Recommended outline for longer presentations:
- 3-5 min introduction tailored to the type of audience you would expect to attend your presentation
- 3-5 min summary of your results
- 3-5 min future directions, tailored to the type of presentation
OCPD's Scientific Presentation Rubric:
Resources for developing your scientific presentation
- Job talks
- Designing and delivering effective research talks
- Overview of designing an effective scientific presentation from Susan McConnell
You must cancel at least 72 hours before the workshop to allow time for another person to register.
If you fail to show up to the event without any justification, you may be prohibited from registering to future OCPD academic career programs. To cancel, please follow these instructions. Email [email protected] with issues.
To receive future announcements, join the PFF listserv