The OCPD counseling staff offers 1:1 appointments to both UCSF students and postdoctoral scholars to discuss a wide range of career and professional development topics, including self assessment, career exploration, internship, job and residency search. (Regrettably, we do not see residents, clinical fellows, staff or faculty at this time).
General guidelines for students and postdocs:
To schedule an appointment through our FullSlate appointment module, you:
- should register and schedule your appointment, using your UCSF email.
- are limited to five 50-minute appointments per academic year, with no limit on 20-minute "mini" appointments.
- can schedule up to four 50-minute appointments if you graduated from UCSF or completed a postdoc at UCSF within the last 12 months, or are just now applying for your first non-trainee position in the career for which you trained at UCSF (i.e., a pharmacy school alumna who just finished residency, a PhD who completed a postdoc at UCSF previously, and is in their second postdoc at another institution, etc.)
- can only book one appointment, with one counselor, at a time.
- need to cancel your appointment within 24 hours of the appointment if you can't make it. Students and postdocs who fail tp cancel their appointments 3 times will be ineligible from accessing appointments for the remainder of that quarter, So please cancel and reschedule.
**Appointment Protocol For Health Professional Students:
- For students located outside the SF Bay Area: 20 minute Skype "Mini" appointments are only for the following topics: Resume, CV or cover letter review, or a quick or time sensitive question.
- 20 minute "Mini" appointments are only for the following topics: Resume, CV or cover letter review, or a quick or time sensitive question.
- 50 minute appointments are only for the following topics: Self assessment, career exploration, residency & job mock interviews, organizing a job search.
Students and postdocs who do not abide by these guidelines will be prohibited from using OCPD services for the rest of the academic year.