The samples below are donated by UCSF students, residents and alumni to offer you ideas to format and present your skills and experience.
Note: Please do not copy the text verbatim. It is unethical and unwise, as several employers recognize our samples. Instead, for extra help, just schedule an appointment to have your CV reviewed by a career counselor.
Preparing Application Materials
- Read through the “Residency Applications” course (on iROCKET) for your graduating class. It includes resources for preparing your CV and personal statement, as well as instructions for completing your ERAS application.
- Watch this 15 minute step by step tutorial video to transform your CV for the MSPE and recommendation letter writers.
- Review an action verb list.
- We have monthly CV review clinics:
- Attend an Application Materials Clinic to learn how to create and customize your application materials, then book a 20 minute mini appointment to review the final edits for your document. Mini appointments are offered M-F.
Residency-Focused CV Samples
MPH-Focused Graduate Program CV Samples