Work/Volunteer Opportunities for Medical Students
Students: Seeking an Opportunity?
- Seeking Internships, Employment or Volunteer Positons?
- Seeking funding for research? Visit UCSF RAPtr (Resource Allocation Program for Trainees) http://meded.ucsf.edu/raptr
- Seeking ongoing global health opportunities for trainees? Visit http://meded.ucsf.edu/gh/step-step-going-abroad
- Seeking upcoming global health opportunities for trainees? Visit http://meded.ucsf.edu/gh
Note: Medical students who wish to receive credit for any position should be sure to contact their UME advisor (Heather Peng or Cha Viloria).
Want to Post an Opportunity?
- Post your on- and off-campus opportunities, including work study, volunteer opportunities, research assistant positions, internships, and/or community service experiences, at http://career.ucsf.edu/posting_opportunities
- Research funding for students can be posted on the UCSF RAPtr (Resource Allocation Program for Trainees) program website (http://meded.ucsf.edu/raptr); please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International opportunities for students can be posted via the Global Health program website (http://meded.ucsf.edu/gh); please contact email@example.com.
Questions? Please, contact James Moser at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (415) 476-4986. We will happily post your opportunity and keep up here for one month. Thank you for thinking of our students
Date Posted: November 06, 2014
Organization: Pediatrics, UCSF
Position: Project Assisant
Compensation: $15-$20 per hour
Information About Position:
Department of Pediatrics faculty member seeking graduate-level health professions student to assist in administrative and project management tasks related to Medical Informatics work, along with other areas. Administrative tasks would include managing my calendar, booking rooms and arranging meetings on campus, and filing travel/project reimbursements. Project management tasks include tracking pending APeX user request progress, preparing project documents for presentation, document preparation, and attending meetings and taking minutes (Thursday mornings only). If interested, opportunities exist for participation in clinical and health services research in Pediatrics and Informatics depending on applicant interest.
- Must be an actively registered student at UCSF with a UCSF email address.
- Ability to commit for 12 months, including summer months.
- Ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent English, written, and inter-personal skills.
- Organized, able to manage your own time, and self-motivated.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, specifically calendar management.
Additional (but not required):
- Prior administrative and/or project management experience a bonus.
- HIPAA training and access to APeX.
- Knowledge of Excel and/or Endnote.
- Access to a laptop with internet
How to Apply: If interested, please send a resume and cover letter expressing interest to Carolyn Bradner Jasik, MD, email@example.com.
Date Posted: October 2014
Date Posted: October 2014
Organization: San Francisco VA Medical Center/UCSF
Date Posted: October 16, 2014