Are you a:
- Current UCSF Student, Postbaccalaureate Student or Postdoctoral Scholar?
- Degreed Alumnus?
- Person who previously was classified as a postdoc at UCSF?
- Resident or Clinical Fellow?
- Intern or Research Assistant?
- Volunteer, Staff or Faculty?
- Student, Postdoc, Staff or Faculty member of a fellow UC (UC Berkeley, UCSD, etc.)?
- Visiting Student or Visiting Scholar?
- Still have questions? email us at ocpd.ucsf.edu, or call us at (415) 476.4986.
Are you a current UCSF student, postbaccalaureate student or postdoctoral scholar at UCSF?
- Yes, you can schedule an appointment! The OCPD serves UCSF students, postbaccalaureate students and postdoctoral scholars, who can schedule up to five one-hour counseling appointments and a limitless amount of mini appointments per academic year (August 1st-July 31st).
Are you a degreed alumnus?
- Degreed alumni can schedule up to four one-hour appointments and four mini appointments until July 31st of the year following their graduation. In addition, they can register for OCPD workshops/programs.
A person who previously was classified as a postdoc at UCSF?
- A person who previously completed a postdoc and left UCSF can schedule up to four one-hour appointments and four mini appointments until July 31st of the year following their separation. In addition they can register for OCPD workshops/programs.
- Note: if you joined UCSF classified as a postdoc and moved into another classification (e.g., 'research specialist', etc.), but are essentially in the same role, the OCPD classifies you as a current postdoc, and you can schedule up to five one-hour counseling appointments (and a limitless amount of mini appointments) per academic year.
Are you a Resident or Clinical Fellow?
- Unfortunately, the OCPD does not serve clinical fellows. We also do not serve residents unless they pay into student service fees. If you are a resident with questions regarding eligibility, please contact OCPD. If you are a resident/clinical fellow ineligible for our services, please check with UCSF's Graduate Medical Education for professional development opportunities.
Are you an intern at UCSF?
Are you a volunteer, staff, or faculty at UCSF?
- Unfortunately, we do not serve volunteers, staff or faculty. Faculty receive professional development through Faculty Life and the Center for Faculty Educators. Staff can find professional development through human resources, at learning.ucsf.edu.
Are you a student, postdoc, staff or faculty member at a fellow UC (UC Berkeley, UCSD, etc.)?
- Unfortunately, OCPD does not have reciprocation agreements with any other career center, and OCPD staff do not see students, postdocs, staff, or faculty from any other institution.
Are you a visiting student or visiting scholar?
- Unfortunately, OCPD does not serve visiting students or visiting scholars.