The goal of the Science Teaching Effectiveness Program for Upcoming Professors (STEP-UP) Series is to provide UCSF research trainees with the skills, knowledge and experience they need to be successful as an educator in an academic position.
- Check back soon for more event listings or visit the OCPD Calendar.
Why is this important?
Developing teaching skills and experience will:
- Improve your communication skills,
- Help you determine whether teaching is really a part of what you want to do.
- Give you a leg up on your competition in your search for an academic position, particularly at teaching-focused institutions,
- Prepare you for your first teaching assignment as a professor, so you can focus on setting up your lab and getting grants in your first years before tenure.