Welcome to Every Month is Career Exploration Month for PhDs. Each month we'll offer programs, feature articles through our listserves and create opportunities for graduate students and postdocs to more thoroughly explore a different career path. Want to learn more? Sign up to our listservs!
Below, you can also click on the link for curated resources about a particular career path. Read about scientists who have made the transition, use the MyIDP tool to assess if your skills, interests and values are a good fit for that career path, and learn about the types of organizations that hire. Want to discuss your career exploration further? To get started, schedule an appointment with Michael Matrone, Program Director for Non-Academic Career Development!
Annual Career Exploration Cycle
- January: Industry Research Series
- February: Data Science
- March: Consulting
- April: Science Writing & Communication
- May: Business of Science
- June: Tech Transfer and Intellectual Property
- July: Industry Research Series
- August: Career Exploration Skill Development
- September: Non-Profit and Think Tank
- October: Policy Careers
- November: Clinical/Regulatory Careers
- December: Start-ups