Welcome to Every Month is Career Exploration Month for PhDs. Each month we'll offer programs, feature articles through our listserves and create opportunities for graduate students and postdocs to more thoroughly explore a different career path. Want to learn more? Sign up to our listservs!
Below, you can also click on the link for curated resources about a particular career path. Read about scientists who have made the transition, use the MyIDP tool to assess if your skills, interests and values are a good fit for that career path, and learn about the types of organizations that hire. Want to discuss your career exploration further? Schedule a 20 minute mini-appointment with Program Director Patti Meyer to get started!
Annual Career Exploration Cycle
- January: Industry Research Series
- February: Data Science
- March: Consulting
- April: Business of Science
- May: Science Writing & Communication
- June: Tech Transfer
- July: Industry Research Series
- August: Career Exploration Skill Development
- September: Non-Profit and Think Tank
- October: Policy Careers
- November: Clinical/Regulatory Careers
- December: Start-ups