Academic Career Development Programs
Are you interested in pursuing a faculty career? In our three academic series, offered annually, you will learn how to: 1) position yourself an academic career while at UCSF and apply for opportunities (PAC-UP), 2) teach skillfully (STEP-UP), and 3) mentor and supervise effectively (TRAIN-UP).
PAC-UP Series: Planning your Academic Career for Upcoming Professors
- Interested in a faculty career? Get started!
- Online resources: Develop application materials - Prepare for an interview - Negotiate your faculty job offer
STEP-UP Science Teaching Effectiveness Program for Upcoming Professors
TRAIN-UP Training Researchers And INterns for Upcoming Professors
- Learn how to mentor, train and supervise in our TRAIN-UP course.
- Gain mentoring skills through TRAIN-UP Applied.
Skills and savviness to effectively navigate any professional situation
- Learn how to consistently position yourself for success.
- Develop key competencies: assess professional situations, manage power differentials, access resources